Upon completion of the University of Vermont DPT program graduates will be able to:
- Serve as movement system experts who exemplify contemporary best practice to improve quality of life.
- Illustrate leadership as primary care providers that model professional core values.
- Collaborate with patients, families and professional colleagues to optimize health outcomes, maximize patient experience, and facilitate cost efficiency.
- Apply evidence-based clinical and practice management that exhibits value-based patient/family-centered care.
- Advocate to improve health outcomes and increase the overall functioning and well-being of our society.
- Offer consultation as movement system experts while demonstrating value and adherence to ethical and legal principles.
- Communicate via means commensurate with needs of the individuals within the context of the task and environment.
- Educate patients/clients, peers, professional colleagues, and the community in a manner that is culturally sensitive.
- Commit to be reflective practitioners and lifelong learners.
- Engage in community and professional activities that demonstrate social responsibility.