Justine Dee is a practicing physical therapist; an Orthopedic Clinical Specialist; and a lymphedema therapist certified through the Lymphedema Association of North America. She is a founding member of the board of directors for the Vermont Lymphedema Network; Director of Physical Therapy Services for the New England Survivors of Torture and Trauma program; and co-owner and manager of Dee Physical Therapy, which has clinics in South Burlington, Hinesburg and Shelburne, Vt.
Clinical Associate Professor, Interim Doctor of Physical Therapy Program Director
Did Clarification of Medicare Guidelines Change Outpatient Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy Usage? A Retrospective Analysis. Dee J, Littenberg B. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2018.07.435
Reliability of novice raters in using the movement system impairment approach to classify people with low back pain. Henry S, Van Dillen LR, Trombely A, Dee JM, Bunn JY. Manual Therapy. June 2012
Reliability of the movement system impairment classification schema for subgrouping people with low back pain. Henry SM, Van Dillen LR, Trombley AL, Dee JM, Bunn JY Journal of Orthopedic and Sports Physical Therapy 2009: 39:A97.
Effects of resistance training on physical function in older disabled women with coronary heart disease. Martin Brochu1, Patrick Savage, Melinda Lee, Justine Dee, M. Elaine Cress, Eric T. Poehlman, Marc Tischler, Philip A. Ades. J Appl Physiol 92: 672-678, 2002 Vol. 92, Issue 2, 672-678, February 2002. (Abstract)
Determinants of disability in older coronary patients. Ades PA, Savage P, MS, . Tischler MD, Poehlman E, Dee JM, Niggel J, Am Heart J 143(1):151-156, 2002
Treatment of lateral epicondylitis comparing traditional exercise protocols with periscapular strengthening. 2001.
Associations and Affiliations
- American Physical Therapy Association
Areas of Expertise and/or Research
- Treatment of chronic pain
- Addressing pain and functional loss in the victims of torture and trauma
- Low back pain
- Treatment of lymphedema
- Currently enrolled in the Clinical and Translational Sciences Ph.D. Program at the University of Vermont
- M.S.; University of Vermont
- B.S., Physical Therapy; Northeastern University
310E Rowell Hall
- DPT 403 - Health Systems III - Business Management
- DPT 406 - Exercise Science
- DPT 410 - Fundamentals in Clinical Practice
- DPT 421 - Musculoskeletal Management II