Katie Darak is a pediatric clinical nurse leader and clinical assistant professor in the College of Nursing and Health Sciences. She has worked in pediatrics as both a pediatric critical care registered nurse and a pediatric CNL. Prior to joining UVM faculty, Katie worked for ten years at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in the pediatric intensive care unit. Katie has worked as an assistant professor of nursing teaching pediatrics in the baccalaureate program and clinical nurse leader capstone in the graduate program. Colby-Sawyer College is also where she obtained her B.S.N. and M.S.N. -.CNL. Katie is currently pursuing her D.N.P. As a Vermont native, Katie is thrilled to be back in Burlington and enjoys spending time with her family on Lake Champlain, running, skiing, and Vermont maple creemees.
Clinical Assistant Professor
Research and/or Creative Works
- “Improving Pediatric Provider Compliance with Structured Medication Review and Reconciliation at Hospital Admission.” Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center Quality Symposium.
- “Code Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Among Nurses in a Mixed-Acuity Pediatric and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.” Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center Quality Symposium.
Awards and Recognition
- Aligning Simulation with Quality Scholarship, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center 2020.
- Scholarship to Support Nursing Graduate Studies, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, 2016.
- Nursing Baccalaureate Award, Grace Adella Sheldon Graves Award in Nursing, Colby-Sawyer College, 2012.
Associations and Affiliations
- American Association of Critical Care Nursing
- Society of Pediatric Nursing
- Pediatric Advance Life Support
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Sigma Theta Tau
- Clinical Nurse Leader Association
Areas of Expertise and/or Research
Pediatrics, pediatric critical care, quality improvement, simulation education
- M.S., Nursing; Colby-Sawyer College
- B.S., Nursing; Colby-Sawyer College
- (802) 338-6168
207 Rowell Building