Genell is a clinical faculty member and teaches maternal child and women's health to undergraduate nursing students. Genell also teaches a class titled; Issues in Women's Health which covers the socio-political aspects of women's health. Prior to joining the UVM faculty, Genell practiced as a nurse midwife throughout the northeastern U.S. Genell has most recently taught maternal child & women's health, physical assessment, alternative and complementary therapies, and leadership (specializing in incivility and unkindness in the healthcare workplace) at the University of Hawaii. When not teaching she enjoys spending time with children and grandchildren, biking, swimming, hiking, gardening, yoga and mindfulness practices.
Research and/or Creative Works
- Consultant on incivility and unkindness in the healthcare workplace
Associations and Affiliations: American Midwifery Certification Board affiliated with American College of Nurse Midwives Awards and Recognition: 2019 Exceptional Women's Faculty Award Research and/or Creative works.
Associations and Affiliations
- American Midwifery Certification Board affiliated with American College of Nurse Midwives
Areas of Expertise and/or Research
Consultant on incivility and unkindness in the healthcare workplace Midwifery, Maternal Child and Women's Health Socio-Political Issues in Women's Health Sex Education
- M.S., Nursing; Columbia University
- B.S., Nursing; University of Minnesota
Rowell Hall Room 202
- PRNU129 Family Centered Care for Women and Newborns & Clinical sections
- GRNS308 The Science of Nursing: Women and Newborns & Clinical section
- GSWS196/HLTH140 Issues in Women's Health