From a conference room in the clinic of UVM Medical Center’s Comprehensive Pain Program, with windows framing a panoramic view of the Green Mountains in the background, Dr. Jon Porter discusses the challenge of treating chronic pain. The condition can impact every aspect of a person’s life - from their ability to work, to their family and social relationships and mental health.
“Many BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and people of color) individuals distrust healthcare, and the healthcare system.
The U.S. News & World Report has ranked University of Vermont among the nation’s top 100 graduate nursing programs. UVM Nursing tied in the 2023 rankings for No. 76 in Best Nursing Schools: Master's and No. 91 in Best Nursing Schools: Doctor of Nursing Practice.
- Integrative Health and Wellness Coaching Program Accepting Applications
- Derek Lewis Appointed Director of Student Services
- Seeing and Disrupting Racism Workshop
- Free Hearing Screenings for Ages 18 and Older
- Collaborative research by UVM’s Deming and Seward labs to guide new lung cancer therapies
- Improving the Odds for Minority Students
- Striving for Health Care Equity: Jaza Amchok '23
- Bullying Environment and Exercise Dose
- UVM Health Sciences Program Applies for Public Health Accreditation
- Health Declining in U.S. Northeast During Pandemic