Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) students and athletes from Special Olympics Vermont joined forces this semester on activities that gave the students practice in clinical skills while engaging the Olympians, physically and socially. Vermont news media highlighted the collaboration in interviews with the students and athletes.
Seth Frietze, associate professor of medical laboratory science in the Department of Biomedical and Health Sciences, has been selected to receive the Dr. Ronald W. Pero International Research Green and Gold professorship created by Margaretha Pero to honor the life’s work of her husband, Ronald W. Pero.
When the COVID-19 pandemic hit last spring, UVM was one of the first schools in the nation to allow undergraduate nursing students to make the transition from classroom to hospital floor. All 95 nursing Class of 2020 graduates agreed to make that life-changing jump.
- Spotlight On: Christol Long '21
- UVM Appoints New Dean of Nursing and Health Sciences
- Message from the Dean
- Fall 2020 Department News
- Gut bacteria in multiple sclerosis: probiotic or commensal, good or bad?
- Eyal Amiel Selected to Edit Research Series for Immunology
- Reuben Escorpizo named to Frontiers in Rehabilitation Sciences Editorial Board
- Spotlight On: Alyssa Oviedo ‘22
- Antiracism and Healthcare
- Free Integrative Health and Wellness Coaching