In October 2022, an elite climbing team of ten amputee and ten non-amputee athletes climbed Cotopaxi, a 19,347-foot active volcano in Ecuador.
Among them was a three-time gold medalist Paralympian, a 17-year-old Ecuadorian athlete who'd lost his leg just four months earlier, the U.S. Ambassador to Ecuador, and UVM Exercise Science alumnus Zachary Klein ’19.
This month, Professor Karen Westervelt volunteers her expertise at Lake Placid's 2023 Winter World University Games.
Dr. Westervelt will offer physical therapy services to international winter athletes and UVM Athletics varsity competitors Greg Burt ’23, Annie McColgan ’24, Finn Sweet ’25, and Bjorn Westervelt ’24, who will represent Team USA in Nordic skiing and biathlon.
In graduate school, Emily Coderre was fascinated by how the brain manages language in bilingual speakers. Her doctoral work considered language processing and executive control. As a postdoc, her focus shifted to how language processing differs in autistic and non-autistic individuals.
- UVM Invests Laurent, Palumbo as Inaugural Holly D. and Robert E. Miller Green and Gold Professors in Nursing Research and Nursing Workforce Research
- Barclay-Derman, Whitcomb Named Faculty Fellows for Community Engaged Learning
- Seeking Researchers: Vermont Older Adult Research Registry
- Making Clinical Conversations More Meaningful
- Fall 2022 Department News
- Bains Bolster Lifetime Support of UVM with Major Gift
- 'So Much More': Research Mentorship Builds Skills for Success
- News and Events
- Future Nurses Welcomed in White Coat Ceremony
- Occupational Therapy Program Highlighted in WCAX-TV Story
- 1 of 71
- next ›