UVM Communication Sciences and Disorders undergraduates are invited by faculty to apply to the Communication Sciences and Disorders Master’s Early Admission Program in their junior year. Selected applicants do not need to take the Graduate Record Examination and may reserve their space in the graduate program upon approval and submission of a deposit.
At UVM, you can start working toward admission to our CSD master's degree program as an undergraduate. The Communication Sciences and Disorders Master’s Early Admission Program can help save time and money on your path to an advanced degree.
Third-year Communication Sciences and Disorders students with a grade point average in the top quartile of the junior class are invited to apply. Students can discuss with their advisors the GPA cut-off score as early as the beginning of the spring semester of their junior year. This is a competitive program and cumulative GPAs are typically above 3.60 for the top quartile.
The following materials are required to apply to the early admission program:
- Writing Sample
- Faculty Recommendation
Applicants must submit the following:
- Essay - Answer the following prompts in one paragraph each:
- Why do you want to be an SLP?
- Describe the life experiences or qualities that will make you a strong SLP/graduate student.
- If applicable, discuss how the following personally impacted you, your decision to apply to graduate school in speech-language pathology, and/or your academic and professional aspirations: Experience as a non-native speaker of English; a student from a traditionally under represented background (e.g., racial, ethnic, gender, sexual orientation); as a first-generation college student; with economic challenges; and/or with disability or social challenges.
- Writing sample from a CSD college course that includes feedback from professor
- Nomination from Communication Sciences and Disorders faculty member with a motion from a second faculty member for recommendation.
- Interview with Communication Sciences and Disorders faculty
- Academic Transcript
Applicants will be reviewed and selected by program faculty. Candidates offered early admission status do not need to take GREs or apply through the centralized application system (CSDCAS), but must submit a nonrefundable deposit to secure their space in the program for the following year.