How to Declare Your New Major in CESS
Step 1: Log into myUVM.
Step 2: Go to the "Advising" tab on the top of the screen.
Step 3: Under the section "Declare or Change Your Major / Minor / Concentration," click the button that says, "In Another College/School."
Step 4: Complete the application form, click "Check Submission," and then click "Submit."
Students wishing to transfer into any of our CESS programs must meet the specific GPA requirements as outlined below.
Programs requiring a MINIMUM CUMULATIVE GPA OF 2.5
- Art Education (B.S.A.E.)
- Early Childhood Education (B.S.Ed.)
- Early Childhood Special Education (B.S.Ed.) - currently not accepting new applicants
- Elementary Education (B.S.Ed.)
- Middle Level Education (B.S.Ed.)
- Music Education (B.S.M.E.)
- Physical Education (B.S.Ed.)
- Secondary Education (B.S.Ed.)*
*Coursework in the student’s area of concentration (English language arts, math, science, social studies or foreign language) must meet the minimum GPA requirement of 3.0.
Program requiring a MINIMUM CUMULATIVE GPA OF 2.3
- Social Work (B.S.W.)
Program requiring a MINIMUM CUMULATIVE GPA OF 2.0
- Human Development and Family Science (B.S. or Minor)
- The Education for Cultural and Linguistic Diversity Minor requires that students must have taken or be enrolled in EDTE 056.
- The Special Education Minor requires that students must have taken or be enrolled in EDSP 005.
Review Process and Timeline
Once the internal transfer application is completed by the student, CESS Student Services invites the student in to meet with either a faculty advisor or student services advisor. During the meeting, the student and advisor discuss the benchmarks, program and licensure requirements, and expected graduation date. Provided the student meets the GPA requirements and agrees to the program requirements, they are transferred into CESS in 3-5 days. If a student does not meet the minimum requirements to transfer into CESS, the student is advised on which courses to take in order to stay on track for their eventual transfer, or other program options are presented.