Our College has an amazing group of faculty, staff and students. Together as a team we are strong. We appreciate your hard work and dedication. Our success is based on your unique expertise, talents, and diversity. Thank you so much for what you do every day to make a difference.
CESS General Information
- CESS Academic Advising Plan 2015 (pdf)
- CESS Plan for Evaluation of Teaching Performance 2015 (pdf)
- CESS Faculty Directory
- CESS Staff Directory
- CESS Course/Workload Policies:
- Create your CESS email signature
- Faculty Profile System (FPS)
- Staff Profile System (SPS)
- Updating personal/work information in UVM Systems:
- Personal work-related information may be updated here by logging in with net ID and password after clicking on right hand menu of the UVM Directory
- Personal information (mailing address, phones numbers, emergency contacts) may be updated by logging into the PeopleSoft Human Resource Module then go to Self-Service, Personal Data. You may also update your CatAlert information here as well to receive important texts, emails and phone calls when necessary by UVM authorities.
Faculty and Staff Resources
- Academic Advising
- Branding (Logos, Powerpoint Templates, etc.)
- CESS New Course Review Form
- CESS Part-Time Lecturer Hire Request Form for Existing Courses
- CESS Faculty ByLaws (pdf)
- Faculty and Department Chair Resources (Office of the Provost)
- Faculty Degree Info: Self-Service Entry into PeopleSoft for the Catalogue
- Faculty Profile System (FPS)
- Faculty Publications
- Faculty RPT and Sabbatical Procedures
- Faculty (Part-Time) Teaching Availability Form
- Intent to Retire Information (pdf)
- Out of Country Notification (xls)
- CESS Course/Workload Policies:
- Part-Time Lecturer (New) informational checklist
- Part-Time Lecturer Guidelines (pdf)
- Receipt of appointment letter confirms your date of hire, course offering and rate of pay.
- Relevant paperwork to return prior to start date:
- Signed appointment letter
- Employee information form (DOB & SSN important along with your signature)
- W-4 (Federal) and Vermont W-4
- I-9 Form completed in person with HR Team: 2 forms of ID needed or Valid Passport
- Returned and processed hiring paperwork initiates activation of your UVM net ID. You will know you have been assigned a net ID when you see yourself listed in the UVM Directory
- Your net ID then gives you access to Blackboard for course delivery once you are posted as the instructor of record via Banner and the Registrar. We handle this for you via our CESS Student Services Office.
- Once in the UVM Directory and having a valid net ID, you may get your UVM CATCard ID and UVM Parking Pass.
- Direct deposit is highly encouraged by logging into the PeopleSoft Human Resource Module then go to Self-service, payroll, direct deposit, entering your bank routing number and account number. Your first paycheck will be mailed in hardcopy form to your on-campus address in the department where you are assigned.
- You may view your paycheck stub here as well in PeopleSoft Human Resource Module>Self-Service>Payroll>View Paycheck.
Financial/Business Services, Grants, Professional Development, Travel & Expenses, and Time Entry
Business & Financial Services:
Grant and Contract Support:
- How to Submit a Grant in CESS (pdf)
- Sponsored Project Administration Web Page
- Grant Proposal Assistance at Office of VP of Research
Professional Development - Policy/Funding Requests:
- Professional Development Funds Application & Policy
- CESS Professional Development Budget Form (.xls)
- CESS Professional Development Expense Tracking Form (.xls)
- Faculty professional development spending log
- Purchasing card expenses charged by staff on your behalf (airline and conference registration only).
- Expense reimbursement submission via Expense Reports to your Primary Business Manager
- Other purchases via PeopleSoft Purchase orders (i.e. computers, peripherals, purchases requiring check payment, etc.).
- Purchasing card authorized expenses for faculty via support staff cards.
- Airfare for a pre-approved trip/conference. (Use Accent Travel to make flight arrangements)
- Conference registration fees for a pre-approved trip.
Travel and Expense Reimbursement Directions:
- Complete the Travel and Expense EXCEL spreadsheet first: Find Expense Form Here
***DO NOT enter directly into PeopleSoft Financials at this point***
Password for this file: CESS
- Attach all detailed, itemized receipts, taped to one side of an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper, to this signed form (signed by traveler) and submit to your Business Manager.
- The business manager will approve the expenses and update the chartstring or budget to be charged.
- Please include an itinerary of your conference, brochure or schedule at a glance and all detailed, itemized receipts.
- All business meals must include a clear business purpose and full names and affiliations of all attendees.
- Note: Alcohol is non-reimbursable and all tax and associated gratuity must be deducted as well.
- Instructions for Direct Deposit for Travel and Expense Reimbursement
TIME ENTRY directions (mini-manuals) for regular staff:
- Exempt staff salaried employees mini-manual (exception time entry) http://www.uvm.edu/hrs/skills/manuals/entersalarytime.pdf
- Non exempt staff salaried employees mini-manual http://www.uvm.edu/hrs/skills/manuals/enternonexempttime.pdf
- Wage employees mini-manual http://www.uvm.edu/hrs/skills/manuals/enterwagetime.pdf
TIME ENTRY directions for temporary hourly employees, student workers and work-study student employees:
Human Resources – Policies, Benefits, Professional Development, PeopleSoft Manuals
Technology Assistance and Resources
Please see Technology Services for information on technical assistance, including:
- CESS IT support, UVM IT support, Self-help
- Laptop recommendations for students
- Technology purchases for faculty/staff
- CESS/University owned iPads
- Technology for Teaching (TFT) Lab
UVM Technology and Teaching Resources
- Blackboard Info and Support
- Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL)
- UVM Tech Team
- UVM IT Help
- UVM Bookstore Computer Depot
- Software and Utilities
- Registrar - Faculty Information
- Registrar/my UVM – faculty dashboard, instructional videos:
Log into "myUVM" and go to the "Teaching" tab, on the right side there is a box that says "Video Guides", and directly under that is says "Faculty Dashboard".