Our internationally recognized programs emphasize academic and inclusive excellence, actively cultivating connections that leverage the interconnected nature of the schools, families, and communities that we serve. We prioritize teaching, research, and service that are student-centered, family-focused, community-engaged, culturally competent, and collaboratively designed.
Undergraduate Programs (Majors and Minors)
The undergraduate programs listed below are majors unless otherwise noted.
- American Sign Language (minor)
- Art Education
- Coaching (minor)
- Computer Science Education (minor)
- Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood Special Education
- Education for Cultural and Linguistic Diversity (minor)
- Elementary Education
- Gerontology (minor)
- Individually Designed Major
- Human Development and Family Studies (major or minor)
- Middle Level Education
- Music Education
- Physical Education
- Secondary Education
- Social Work
- Special Education (minor, dual certification, AMP)
- Sports Management (minor)
Accelerated Master's Programs (AMPs)
At UVM, you can start working toward a master's degree as an undergraduate. Our Accelerated Master's Programs (AMPs) help you save time and money on your path to an advanced degree.
- Counseling (M.S.)
- Curriculum and Instruction (M.Ed.)
- Disability Studies Certificate
- Early Childhood Special Education (M.Ed.)
- Educational Leadership (M.Ed.)
- Educational Leadership and Policy Studies (Ed.D.)
- Educational Leadership and Policy Studies (Ph.D.)
- Educational Technology Specialist Online Sequence (endorsement)
- Higher Education and Student Affairs Administration (HESA)
- Interdisciplinary Studies (M.Ed.)
- Middle Level Education (M.A.T.)
- School Library Media Specialist Hybrid Sequence (endorsement)
- Secondary Education (M.A.T.)
- Social Work (M.S.W)
- Special Education (M.Ed.)
- Department of Education
- Department of Leadership and Developmental Sciences
- Department of Social Work
Centers & Institutes
- Campus Children's School
- Center on Disability and Community Inclusion
- Tarrant Institute for Innovative Education
- Gain extensive practical experience in the field with our community partners in a variety of diverse settings.
- Get involved with exciting research projects working with faculty, students, and community partners.
- Engage in study abroad experiences around the world including England, Finland, France, Hawai'i, New Zealand, and Portugal (the Azores).
- Enjoy our diverse, multicultural community located in a beautiful place. Burlington is America's #1 College Town.
The Value of a UVM Education
Find out why UVM is an rewarding investment in your future. Explore UVM costs, financial Aid, and scholarships.
Program Requirements for Undergraduate Majors
See Student Services' Undergraduate Programs page for program requirements listed by department.
CESS students rate our advising as some of the best in the University! Explore our advising resources and frequently asked questions.
Teacher Education majors review licensure information frequently as they progress toward the recommendation for licensure.