We prioritize teaching, research and service that are student-centered, family-focused, community-engaged, culturally competent and collaboratively designed. Our academic programs emphasize academic excellence, and we actively cultivate connections that leverage the interconnected nature of the schools, families, and communities that we serve.
Undergraduate Programs (Majors and Minors)
The undergraduate programs listed below are majors unless otherwise noted.
- American Sign Language (minor)
- Art Education
- Coaching (minor)
- Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood Special Education
- Education for Cultural and Linguistic Diversity (minor)
- Elementary Education
- Gerontology (minor)
- Individually Designed Major
- Human Development and Family Studies (major or minor)
- Middle Level Education
- Music Education
- Physical Education
- Secondary Education
- Social Work
- Special Education (minor or dual certification)
- Sports Management (minor)
Accelerated Master's Programs (AMPs)
At UVM, you can start working toward a master's degree as an undergraduate. Our Accelerated Master's Programs (AMPs) help you save time and money on your path to an advanced degree.
- Counseling (M.S.)
- Curriculum and Instruction (M.Ed.)
- Disability Studies Certificate
- Early Childhood Special Education (M.Ed.)
- Educational Leadership (M.Ed.)
- Educational Leadership and Policy Studies (Ed.D.)
- Educational Leadership and Policy Studies (Ph.D.)
- Educational Technology Specialist Online Sequence (endorsement)
- Higher Education and Student Affairs Administration (HESA)
- Interdisciplinary Studies (M.Ed.)
- Middle Level Education (M.A.T.)
- School Library Media Specialist Hybrid Sequence (endorsement)
- Secondary Education (M.A.T.)
- Social Work (M.S.W)
- Special Education (M.Ed.)
- Department of Education
- Department of Leadership and Developmental Sciences
- Department of Social Work
Centers & Institutes
- Campus Children's School
- Center on Disability and Community Inclusion
- Tarrant Institute for Innovative Education
Program Requirements for Undergraduate Majors
See Student Services' Undergraduate Programs page for program requirements listed by department.
CESS students rate our advising as some of the best in the University! Explore our advising resources and frequently asked questions.
Teacher Education majors review licensure information frequently as they progress toward the recommendation for license.