Aligned with comprehensive the academic resources of a major research institution, UVM faculty are positioned as leaders across a variety of disciplines that support investigation and discovery. The College of Education and Social Services (CESS) prioritizes resources and provides incentives that promote interdisciplinary collaboration. Our researchers publish their research in a variety of leading academic journals and books. Industry professionals, field partners, community leaders, and local and national media frequently seek out our expertise and guidance.
Meet Our Faculty Researchers
- Department of Education
- Department of Counseling, Human Development and Family Science
- Department of Social Work
Research Funding, Resources and Support
Research Proposal Devoloper Lisa Vear supports CESS faculty and staff researchers by providing expertise in grant proposal development, including writing, review/editing, project management, communication and outreach, and setting deadlines/time management. She also provides strategically organization and composition of proposal components to maximize appeal to reviewers.
Research and scholarship receive support through a variety of channels. Our CESS Research Council and Research Initiatives Committee supports cutting-edge research and the creation of new knowledge by our faculty, staff, and students.
UVM Funding Opportunities, Resources and Support
- Office of the Vice President for Research (OVPR) Funding Opportunities
- Sponsored Project Administration (SPA) and Resources
- Pivot Funding and Collaboration Tool (Searchable Databases)
- Graduate College Conference Grants
- Fellowships, Opportunities, and Undergraduate Research (FOUR)
CESS Funding Opportunities
- CESS Innovation Grant Program (PDF)
- CESS Innovation Grant Funds Budget Template (XLSX)
- CESS Research and Scholarship Symposium
- CESS Graduate Student Research Travel Grants
- Jean S. Garvin Research Fellowship
- CESS Scholar of Distinction (PDF)
External Grant Proposals
Steps required to submit an external grant proposal: