Dr. Bernice Garnett, associate professor of education, was honored as the inaugural Adam and Abigail Burack Green and Gold Professor of Education during a special investiture ceremony atttended by colleagues, students, alumni, friends and family on April 18.
Dr. Suzy Comerford, associate professor of social work, is the 2018 recipient of the Lynne Bond Outstanding Faculty Award – the University of Vermont’s top award for community-engaged teaching/service-learning. This prestigious award is named for Lynne Bond (emerita) who founded service-learning at UVM in the late 1990s.
“UVM students should consider teaching abroad,” says Nick Walklet (‘10). “During my seven years in Paris, I have traveled to 60 different countries, met my fiancée, and earned a master's degree. There are American Schools and International Schools all over the world.”
- College of Education and Social Services Rises in U.S. News & World Report Graduate School Rankings
- UVM Alumni Selected as Rowland Fellows
- An Unforgettable Journey
- UVM Faculty Internationally Recognized for Supported Employment Work
- Meet a Few of our Amazing Undergraduate Students
- UVM Again Among Peace Corps' Top Volunteer-Producing Schools
- Katharine Shepherd, Ed.D. Invested as UVM's First Levitt Family Green and Gold Professor
- A Passion for Teaching "Real Math"
- An App To Crack The Teen Exercise Code
- Farm Family