If you are interested in pursuing a career in Special Education, we have options!
For applicants and undergraduates interested in early intervention or early childhood special education (ages birth through 6), we have options in Early Childhood Special Education. If you are interested in becoming a teacher at the elementary, middle, or secondary levels and want to gain experience working with children and youth with disabilities in grades PreK-12, read about our Special Education Minor or the option to earn Dual Certification in PreK-12 General and Special Education.
If you already have an undergraduate degree, you'll want to know about our M.Ed. programs in Special Education or Early Childhood Special Education. We also have a Transformative Leadership Program as part of our Ed.D. Program in Educational Leadership and Policy Studies! For questions and application information regarding any of our options please contact us!
Looking for an Undergraduate Program in Early Childhood Special Education (Birth - Age 6)?
If you are interested in our undergraduate option, click here to find out more about our program's unique attributes and meet some featured students.
3 features of Early Childhood Special Education:
- Opportunities to access experienced faculty
- Exciting work with young children and their families
- Great career opportunities in a field with personnel shortages
How about a minor in Special Education? Dual certification?
Interested in obtaining a minor in Special Education? Perhaps a dual certification as part of your teaching license? Click here to learn more about these options.
3 Features of Special Education Minor and Dual Certification Programs:
- Variety of core classes and electives
- Opportunities to gain research-based skills
- Enhanced hiring potential with special education background
Already have a B.A. or a B.S.? Looking for a Master's in Special Education (Birth - Grade 12)?
Special Education Programs:
- Early Childhood Special Education, birth to age 6, B.S.- email@example.com
- Early Childhood Special Education, birth to age 6, M.Ed. - firstname.lastname@example.org
- K-12 Special Education Minor and/or Dual Cerfication - email@example.com or (802) 656-3468
- K-12 Master's degree programs - Roman Vogel
- Doctoral program and other funding opportunities - Katharine Shepherd