university row

You can start working toward your master's degree as an undergraduate by participating in our Accelerated Master's Program (AMP). Earn your Master of Science (M.S.) in Counseling, and prepare for licensure in school counseling, clinical mental health counseling, or both (dual licensure).

Why the AMP in Counseling is a Great Choice for You

Save time and money on your path to an advanced degree through our nationally CACREP-accredited Accelerated Master's Program (AMP) leading to an M.S. in Counseling.

Through the AMP, 6 credits are double-counted toward both your Master’s and undergraduate degrees. Plus, an additional 3 credits of graduate coursework may be taken while you're still an undergraduate.

Choose a Track or the Dual Option

In the UVM Counseling Program, you may choose from the following options. It's up to you.

  • The School Counseling track prepares you for licensure to practice as a school counselor in Vermont.
  • The Clinical Mental Health Counseling track prepares you for licensure in Vermont as a mental health counselor, with additional post-degree requirements.
  • In our Dual Option, you complete educational requirements to be eligible for licensure in both school counseling and mental health counseling in Vermont.

Learn more about the Counseling Program

Questions / (802) 656-3888

How to Apply

  • Students apply in the Spring semester of Junior year.
  • Application Deadline: November 1

Apply Now

What We Consider

  • GPA
  • Required essay explaining why the AMP is a good option for you and how you have demonstrated the ability to perform at the graduate level
  • Interview