TRIPSCY is a project of the Center on Disability and Community Inclusion and the University of Vermont. It provides professional development to interdisciplinary, early intervention, and related services personnel through workshops, trainings, and membership support. Our website includes a registry of interdisciplinary professionals, secondary transition information, workshop announcements, and evidence-based journal club material. TRIPSCY also hosts a very active listserv and Facebook page for informational sharing.
Below are some websites and databases which provide access to evidence-based resources.
- CanChild: A research center dedicated to generating knowledge & transforming lives of children and youth with developmental conditions and their families.
- Center on Personnel Studies in Special Education: Research providing insights into chronic and pressing special education issues related to beginning teacher quality, effective initial preparation, and the effects of preparation alternatives.
- OT Seeker: A database that contains abstracts of systematic reviews, randomized controlled trials and other resources relevant to occupational therapy interventions.
- PEDro: A free database of over 34,000 randomized trials, systematic reviews and clinical practice guidelines in physiotherapy.
- PubMed: A search engine comprising more than 26 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books.
The mentorship program offers Vermont interdisciplinary professionals the opportunity for a supportive professional relationship where knowledge, skills, and experience are shared. Mentorships offer an opportunity to explore practical and theoretical issues that the mentee perceives as unfamiliar, problematic, or newly challenging.
Vermont Pediatric Occupational and Physical Therapy Practitioners
A list of Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapy Assistants, Physical Therapists and Physical Therapist Assistants who have self-identified as having pediatric experience and agreed to have their contact information shared by us.
This page includes lists of other websites, information material and links to other organizations. If you would like us to add a specific resource to our list email Maureen Nevers.