- A member majority who are individuals with developmental disabilities and family members
- A representative of the State Protection and Advocacy System and a representative of the State Council on Developmental Disabilities
- A representative of a self-advocacy organization
- Representatives of other organizations, including the parent training and information centers, Assistive Technology, relevant state agencies, and other community groups concerned with the welfare of individuals with developmental disabilities and their families
- A diverse population reflective of the state
Our Community Advisory Council
The Community Advisory Council (CAC) for Vermont's University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities fulfills the requirements of the Developmental Disabilities Act of 2000, which mandates every Center to establish a consumer advisory committee comprised of the following:
Join the CAC
We are seeking new members to join our Community Advisory Council! If you would like to know more about becoming a member or would like help applying, please contact Lisa Hurst-Bouffard at (802) 656-8355 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to apply online, you can fill out our electronic CAC membership application.
CDCI is dedicated to building the cultural and linguistic competency of our staff and our work. We strongly encourage applications from persons of color, individuals with disabilities and family members, and those committed to cultural and linguistic competency.