Interested in working at CDCI?
As positions become available, we will post them here. Some of our positions are through the University of Vermont. To apply for those positions, please visit the UVM Jobs website linked in each description.
When we hire positions located in school districts or other coordinating organizations, follow up with the non-UVM hiring authorities listed in those posts.
Current Open Positions
Children's Integrated Services (CIS) Personnel Development Coordinator
The Personnel Development Coordinator will support recruitment and retention of personnel for Vermont’s Children’s Integrated Services (CIS), Department for Children and Families.
They will coordinate and facilitate the ongoing development of a comprehensive system of personnel development (CSPD) for Vermont CIS service and ensure that CSPD development is in accordance with federal Part C regulations (§303.118) and addresses the development of a comprehensive career pathway for individuals seeking to perform, or are performing, early intervention service coordination, developmental education, and other early intervention services in Vermont.
This position will coordinate with the Agency of Education (AOE) and Vermont’s institutes of higher education, including the Higher Education Collaborative, to support the recruitment and retention of personnel serving CIS populations.
The personnel development coordinator will provide consultation and technical assistance to CIS regions as needed to support personnel development for CIS and lead the annual planning and implementation of workforce training activities for the CIS system.
Specific Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Participate in State-level personnel development committee meetings
• Collaborate with partners across the Child Development Division to ensure alignment and
integration of CSPD activities with CDD’s broad early childhood workforce development
• Coordinate ongoing opportunities for peer-to-peer shared learning at both the CIS-EI and CIS
levels, including coordinating and facilitating communities of practice.
• Develop and coordinate personnel development activities including in-person trainings and
online real time trainings.
• Compile and disseminate personnel development resources related to CIS and the early
• Provide consultation and technical assistance to CIS regions as needed to support personnel
development for CIS
• Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education, Early Education, Physical or Occupational Therapy,
Speech, Social Work, Nursing, Psychology or other related field
• One to three years’ related experience
• Effective communication skills
• Experience building lasting relationships with community and state partners
• Experience working with young children and families experiencing specialized needs or risk
factors through Head Start, Part C or Part B programs or other high quality early care and
• Experience providing professional development, technical assistance, coaching and/or
mentoring, and consultation to staff working with young children and families
• Knowledge of equity, diversity, and inclusion, including experience working with historically
underserved groups, communities, children, and families.
The University is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and
excellence of the institution. Candidates are required to include a statement in their application
outlining their commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and how they will further this goal at the
University of Vermont and Center on Disability and Community Inclusion.
This position’s primary office will be located in the Waterbury State Office Complex. A hybrid telework
schedule is negotiable.
For more information or to apply, please visit: https://www.uvmjobs.com/postings/56534
Download a .pdf of this position description: Children's Integrated Services (CIS) Personnel Development Coordinator