BEST/MTSS Summer Institute 2019
Institute Details & What's New?
- Institute Registration: Early institute registration will be available on Sunday evening, 7 to 8:30pm and Monday morning, 7 to 8am.
- Getting Around: A few strands and several Wednesday morning workshops will take place at the Snowshed Lodge, a short walk from the Killington Grand Hotel. If you have any concerns about getting to the Snowshed, please let us know.
- Meals at the Institute: We’ve planned four days of healthy and tasty regular or custom meals! Participants will receive meal tickets as indicated on the individual registration forms. Please note: switching meal tickets during the Institute is not an option. Contact Anne Dubie immediately if you will need a different meal ticket.
- School Team Planning: All school teams are expected to complete the Online Institute Strategy Form by the end of the Institute. Please note: School teams attending PBIS strands may submit their implementation plans or staff handbooks on site or send to Anne Dubie.
- For up-to-date information on Institute activities: To get Institute updates, follow us on Facebook.
- Lodging alert! Check-in time at the Killington Grand Hotel is 4:00 p.m. on Sunday and check-out time is 11:00 a.m. on Thursday. At check-in, you will be required to provide a credit card deposit for each room in your party. If you still need to make a reservation that will be paid by your school, you will be asked to provide your school’s tax-exempt number. If you have questions about your reservation contact the Killington Grand Hotel at 1-800-282-9955.
- Wondering what to bring?
- View the Schedule at a Glance (pdf)
- Review All Institute Materials
- The Institute will be at full capacity! All meals provided are for Institute staff and participants only. Guests will not be allowed to attend meals or other activities held in the ballroom as every seat will be occupied!!!
- Last minute questions? Email Anne Dubie.
Monday: Meet, Greet & Eat! 5:00 - 6:30, Lower Lobby or Poolside (weather permitting)
Tuesday: Water Workout, 6:30 am, Killington Grand Pool
Tuesday & Wednesday: Bookseller, All day outside Oscar Wilde Ballroom
Tuesday & Wednesday: Networking Opportunities: , 12:40 – 1:40 p.m., grab your food at the buffet and meet colleagues in the back of Preston’s Restaurant for an informal networking lunch
- Tuesday:(School Counselors, Psychologists, Social Workers, and Mental Health Clinicians)
- Wednesday (VTPBIS Administrators)
Tuesday: Film Screenings, 4:30 pm, Northstar I & II, and Gateway I
Tuesday: Trivia Night, 7:00 - 10:00pm, Oscar Wilde Ballroom (a lite fare menu will be available in this location from 6:30 - 9:00 p.m., so come early and place your order!)
Wednesday: Water Workout, 5:00 pm, Killington Grand Pool
Wednesday: VTPBIS SU/SD Coordinators Meeting, 3:00 p.m., Northstar II, All VTPBIS SU/SD Coordinators please join the VTPBIS State Team for a brief meeting to talk about building SU/SD capacity to support VTPBIS schools
Wednesday: DJ & Karaoke, 7:30 - 10:30 pm, Oscar Wilde Ballroom (a lite fare menu will be available in this location from 6:30 - 9:00 p.m., so come early and place your order!)
Guided Hikes Available: Times TBD (will be posted on the Institute Facebook page)
This page will be updated until the Summer Institute begins. For real-time updates, visit our Facebook page.