STEM Ambassadors create meaningful connections with students in the following areas:
- Robotics & Coding
- Animal Science
- Healthy Living
Schedule and Planning
- Programs can be during the school day or afterschool, and take place in school, at a community site (such as a library or community center), or at an afterschool program.
- Programs usually take one hour and can be a stand- alone activity or scheduled as a series.
- Programs are free of charge and the materials needed for each program will be provided.
Host site responsibilities
- On-site adult supervision, with age-appropriate youth-to-adult ratio
- Participant recruitment
- Appropriate physical space, or zoom meeting link
- Enrollment info. for each participant
- Media release forms, as needed
- Take attendance at each session
- Complete evaluation and provide feedback for each program to the STEM Ambassador program
To find out more and to schedule an event or tour of Engineering facilities at UVM, contact Margaret Coan, 4-H Educator at email@example.com or call 802-651-8343 ext. 505.