There are so many ways to get involved here at UVM to gain skills, experiences, and network. Check out some ways below:
- Student Organizations: Check out CEMS Student Organizations
- Research Opportunities: Opportunities to research with CEMS faculty are available! Check out this resource guide to get started.
- Internships: Internships are a great way to build your resume and network with professionals in the field. Make sure you have an account on HANDSHAKE to view positions that are hiring, and check out this internship guide.
- Work Study/Part Time Jobs: On or off campus jobs are a great way to earn money AND gain transferrable skills to build your resume and build connections to make sure you have references for future positions. Check Handshake for positions.
- Catcoders: Paid opportunities to complete a real-world CS Project for CEMS employers. Register as a CatCoder here.
- And More! There are so many more ways to gain experiencer such as community service, job shadowing, micro-internships, studying abroad, fellowship, etc.