From a simulation that predicts the spread and maximizes the containment of forest fires to a searchable web database of Supreme Court cases, more than 100 computer science-based projects offered solutions to problems big and small at this year’s Computer Science Fair.
Houston, we have a solution: bring 22,000 participants together for the Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC), the world’s largest gathering of women in computing.
Anthony F. Voellm ’93 and Beth Zimmerman ‘93 have announced a generous $50,000 gift to be made over five years to benefit UVM’s Computer Science Department and to provide funding for the CS Fair.
- New Data Science Degree Opens Up the Infinite Possibilities of Analytics
- World's Largest Gathering of Women Technologists Inspires UVM Students to "Dream Big"
- Evolutionary Computation Research Event
- Modeling the Evolution of Drug Resistance in Malaria
- Reddit Brings a UVM Evolutionary Robotics Class to the World
- Alumni Advice: How to Start a Business as a Millenial
- #UVMCodeFest: 2nd Annual UVM/State Street Agile CodeFest!
- Computer Science Students Showcase Apps and Innovation at Annual Fair
- CS Students Succeed on the Slopes
- On Reddit, Ask Professor Josh Bongard Anything about Robots