Do you love learning? Do you enjoy working with kids? Are you enthusiastic about your STEM major? If you can say “yes” to these questions, you’d probably make a great STEM Ambassador!
STEM Ambassadors will receive training in safely working with youth, the experiential education process and inquiry-based approaches, and facilitation of hands-on learning modules. STEM Ambassadors also have the opportunity to participate in a national Engineering Ambassadors annual training, involving students from universities around the country.
STEM Ambassadors develop valuable skills such as, facilitation, communication, presentation, and collaboration, as well as knowledge of youth development and experiential education.
- We will be hiring at the beginning of each semester. When openings are available, these positions will be posted in JobX (job ID 9789).
- Work hours: 4 hours of training and approximately 12 hours over the semester; times are variable from school-day programming, to afterschool and weekend programs.
- Majoring in a STEM subject
- Interest in working with youth
- Desire to represent UVM with enthusiasm in the local community
- Background check
- Experience working with kids and teens
- Your own transportation
- Some availability during the school day (between 8:30 am-3:00 pm)
For more information contact: Margaret Coan at firstname.lastname@example.org.