students in a study group

Students currently enrolled in another College or School at UVM who would like to transfer into or double degree in the College of Arts and Sciences, should complete the internal transfer application (WebAuth). Here is additional information you may find helpful regarding the requirements to transfer/double degree:

Requirements for internal transfers

Students who wish to internally transfer into the College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) must be in good academic standing which is defined by the following:

  • the student cannot have any incompletes (INC’s) or missing (M) grades
  • the student must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher (in at least 12 credits completed at UVM and within their most recently completed semester)

If the student's cumulative GPA is above 2.0 but the most recent semester GPA is below 2.0, the student must meet with a College of Arts and Sciences Dean’s Office advisor prior to the transfer and once admitted to CAS, the student will be placed on academic probation.

If a student has junior or senior standing, the student will be required to meet with a College of Arts and Sciences Dean's Office advisor prior to the transfer.

Major/minor specific requirements:

Environmental Sciences (B.S.)
Student must meet with ENSC advisor before application to transfer is approved.

Individually Designed Major (B.A. or Minor)
Students must submit an application and secure approval to pursue an individually designed major or minor.  

Music (B.A.)
Student must meet with music advisor and pass a music audition before application for transfer is approved.


Review Process & Timeline:

Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis. Communication regarding the decision is sent to the student within 5 business days. If the application is incomplete (i.e. waiting for pending grades), the CAS Dean’s Office will inform the student that their application will not be processed until all of the information has been received.

For More Information:

The CAS Student Services Office
(802) 656-3344