I invite you to explore our faculty profiles, major and minor curriculum, and course descriptions and to share the joy of expanding your world by expanding your knowledge of languages and cultures over several continents.
A few thoughts on why you should consider a major in one of our programs:
- They are multifaceted, involving study of language, literature, culture, cinema, and more.
- They pair well with many other kinds of programs and majors across the university.
You will develop highly desirable skills for your professional and personal future, including:
- critical thinking skills
- intellectual and cultural sophistication
- attention to detail in clarity of analysis and expression in writing and speaking
- empathy and cross-cultural sensitivity
Our majors prepare graduates for careers in a wide range of fields
both in the U.S. and abroad, from higher education to the corporate world and NGOs. Check out what some of our alumni
You’ll find our classes are just the right size and our faculty are caring and gifted teachers. There is flexibility in the courses you can choose to fulfill major and minor requirements. There are language and culture houses on campus, extracurricular activities and events, and a community of fellow students who share your interests in language and culture.
So welcome again, and I hope to see you in one of our courses!
Joseph Acquisto, Ph.D.
Professor of French and Department Chair
Department of Romance Languages and Cultures