- Research Assistant Professor, 1977-1984
- Assistant Professor, 1984-1990
- Associate Professor, 1990-2007
- Director, Residential Training Project Psychology Department, 1977-1984.
- Advisor for 15 master, 12 doctoral theses, and committee member for 51 others
- Over 30 invited presentations and colloquia to families and service providers throughout Vermont on disability issues and research.
Associate Professor of Psychology, Emerita
- Two edited books, “Prevention of Delinquent Behavior” with J.D. Burchard, “Community Living for People with Developmental and Psychiatric Disabilities” with J. Jacobson and P. Carling.
- Also, 27 book chapters and journal publications on inclusion and support of individuals with disabilities.
Awards and Recognition
- Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. Public Health Fellowship
- Professional Award, American Association Mental Retardation, Div. X for teaching, training and research
- Puppet’s Choice Award, Kids on the Block.
Associations and Affiliations
- Vice President of Vermont Psychological Association.
- Consultation and training at the Disabilities Service Commission and McCall’s Youth Services, Perth, Australia; and Rumbaugh Mental Health Clinic, NC
- Field research for Alaska Youth Initiative
- Psychological services at Behavior Therapy Clinic and Brandon Training School, Vermont.
- Membership in professional psychology and disability organizations, both national and state.
- National Representative of American Psychological Association, Div. 33
Areas of Expertise and/or Research
Prevention and intervention for developmental and emotional challenges of children, youth and their families. Evaluation research.
- B.S., 1958, Denison University
- Ph.D., 1977, University of Vermont.