Professor of Psychiatry, Professor of Psychology
Psychiatry, UHC St. Joseph’s Room 3213, 1 South Prospect, Burlington, VT 05401
- 1979 B.S., St. John's University, Collegeville, Minnesota
- 1988 M.D., University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Research and/or Creative Works
Psychiatric genetics of child psychiatric disorders, application of family study, twin study, and molecular genetic techniques to the study of attention deficit disorder, anxiety and affective disorders, autism, and conduct disorder.
Associations and Affiliations
- Department of Psychiatry
- Department of Pediatrics
Awards and Recognition
- 1990-1991 Resident Representative to the Eastern Missouri Psychiatric Society
- 1990-1992 Burroughs-Wellcome (Falk) Fellowship
- 1998 J. Macy Foundation, the Implication of Genetics for Health Professional Education, New Mexico
- 2001 J. Macy Foundation, the Future of Psychiatry in Medical Education, Toronto, Canada
- 2002 Psychiatry Residents Teacher of the Year Award, University of Vermont; Burlington, VT
- 2002-2003 Institute Of Medicine Committee on Incorporating Research into Psychiatry Residency Training, Washington DC
- 2002 Psychiatry Residents Teacher of the Year Award, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT
- 2007 Genetic and Environmental Influences on Child Psychopathology and Wellness, UCLA, Greenblatt Professorship Lecture, Los Angeles, CA
- 2009 Charlotte Brewster Lecturer, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine
- 2009 Guide to America’s Top Psychiatrists
- 2010 American Registry, America’s Top Doctors, Castle Connolly Medical Ltd.
- 2006 Class of 2008 Foundations Awards; The Silver Stethoscope Award
- 2007 Class of 2009 Foundations Awards; The Silver Stethoscope Award
- 2008 Class of 2010 Foundations Awards; The Silver Stethoscope Award
- 2009 Class of 2011 Foundations Award; Nomination for The Silver Stethoscope Award
- 2010 Class of 2012 Foundations Award; Nomination for The Silver Stethoscope Award
- 2011 Class of 2013 Foundations Award; Nomination for The Silver Stethoscope Award
- 2010-2011 2010 University Scholar Award, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT
- 1998-present The Best Doctors in America, Woodward/White, Inc.
- 2004-present Marquis Whos Who American in Medicine and Healthcare
- 2008-present America’s Top Doctors
- 2011 Distinguished Fellow of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, AACAP Annual Meeting's
- 2011-Present: Annual New York in US News and World Report Top 1% Doctors in US from Vermont and Northern
- Ameis S, Ducharme S, Albaugh MD, Hudziak JJ, Botteron KN, Lepage C, Zhao L, Khundrakpam B, Collins DL, Lerch JP, Wheeler A, Schachar R, Evans AC, and Karama S. Cortical Thickness, Cortico-Amygdalar Networks, and Externalizing Behaviors In Healthy Children. Biological Psychiatry 2013. Rubin DH, Althoff RR, Ehli EA, Davies GE, Rettew DC, Crehan ET, Walku JT, Hudziak JJ.Candidate gene assoications with withdrawn behavior. J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 2013 June 28 [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 23808549.
- Ducharme S, Albaugh MD, Hudziak JJ, Botteron KN, Tuong-Vi N, Truong C, Evans AC, Karama S, For the Brain Development Cooperative Group. Anxious/Depressed Symptoms are Linked to Right Ventromedial Prefrontal Cortical Thickness Matuation in Healthy Children and Young Adults. Cerebral Cortex Advance Assess, June 2013.
- Franic S, Dolan CV, Borsboom, Hudziak JJ, van Beijsterveldt CEM, Boomsma DI. Can Genetics Help Psychometrics? Improving Dimensionality Assessment Through Genetic Factor Modeling. Psychological Methods, 2013 Jul 8 [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 23834420.
- Groen-Blokhuis MM, Franic S, van Beijsterveldt CEM, de Geus E, Davies GE, Ehli E, Xiao X, Scheet P, Althoff R, Hudziak JJ, Middeldorp CM, Boomsma DI. A Prospective Study of the Effects of Breastfeeding and FADS2 Polymorphisms on Cognition and Hyperactivity/attention Problems. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet, 2013 June 4.