The world lost an oceanographer and gained a cinematographer in 1973, when former UVM student Robert Richardson discovered the filmmaker Ingmar Bergman. More than four decades after that fateful Bergman film festival, Richardson is now one of the world’s great cinematographers — the go-to for directors such as Quentin Tarantino, Oliver Stone and Martin Scorsese.
Cristina Mazzoni, a prolific scholar of Italian language and culture, has been invested as the inaugural Wolfgang and Barbara Mieder Green & Gold Professor in Romance Languages at the University of Vermont. University leadership and special guests joined in the formal ceremony virtually on Friday, November 20, 2020.
- U.S. Seafood Industry Flounders Due to COVID-19
- For the Love of Learning
- UVM Leads the Largest Study of Climate Change in Vermont
- The Mental Price of Pain
- Poetry of Resistance: Poems that can Change the World
- Shot of Hope
- Vermonters Vote -Students tell their stories
- Some public monuments have to come down
- Good Maps Questioned
- Promoting composting: An Intern making a difference
- 1 of 89
- next ›