Open to UVM students who are currently taking private lessons from the music faculty at the university, or who are currently a member of the Department's large ensembles.
Winners of the past UVM Concerto Competition are not eligible to participate, unless competing in a different category.
Repertoire and Other Requirements
- The piece must be around 10 minutes or under. One movement of standard concerto is acceptable.
- Dr. Yutaka Kono must approve the piece prior to the audition. If the repertoire is unsuitable for UVM Symphony, the applicant may still play at the audition, but will be asked to choose another composition to perform with the Symphony upon successful audition.
- All applicants must bring three copies of the score, either solo with piano reduction or orchestral score, at the time of the audition.
- All applicants must perform with an accompanist.
- All applicants must provide their own accompanist. A list of accompanists at UVM is available upon request.
- The audition will be held at the University of Vermont.
- All applicants must be able to attend at least two rehearsals, including a dress rehearsal on Tuesday, March 31st.
- Friday, January 24, 2020 - Application is due to Dr. Kono by e-mail or in his department mailbox
- Monday, January 27, 2020, 6-9 PM - Auditions in Recital Hall
- Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 7-9:30 PM - Dress rehearsal in Recital Hall
- Saturday, April 4, 2020, 7:30 PM - Concert in Recital Hall