The deadline for all awards is March 17, 2022
Once you have applied to an internship opportunity, you can then apply for internship scholarships. You do not need an internship offer or secured internship plans to apply to funding -- you just need to have applied to the internship. By applying here for an internship scholarship, you will be considered for multiple funding sources depending on your major, minor, program, or internship type. A full list of available awards is below.
Any current, undergraduate degree-seeking College of Arts & Sciences student is eligible to apply. Applicants must be in good academic standing. Eligible students must plan to continue their course of studies during the fall 2022 semester, which means that students planning to graduate in May 2022 are not eligible for this award.
Eligible internships are those that provide a substantive learning experience. A student should have the opportunity to apply knowledge gained in the classroom, and to attain new knowledge or skills that are transferrable to other employment settings. There should be clearly defined learning objectives/goals, and consistent supervision and feedback from an experienced supervisor.
You do not need to have confirmed your internship in order to apply, but distribution of the scholarship funds will be contingent upon receiving a letter from your internship employer detailing the following information:
- The organization name and address
- Confirmation of your internship offer
- A brief outline of your responsibilities
The purpose of this scholarship is to assist students with attaining experience relating to career and professional development, so scholarship decisions are not made on the basis of previous experience or GPA. Rather, award decisions are based on:
- The benefits a student will gain from the internship
- How the internship aligns with a student's career/professional goals
- Financial need
This award is part of the UVM-wide internship scholarship process. More information about criteria can be found here.
Before award disbursement, you must provide:
- A photo of yourself
- A thank you note to the benefactor(s) including answers to the following questions:
- How will this internship help you grow personally and professionally?
- How will this internship opportunity allow you to explore life after UVM? Will it help you explore options, gain skills, or refine a plan as it relates to your career?
At the end of your internship, please submit either:
- A 1-2 minute video clip of you speaking about your experience. The video clip does not need to be fully produced, a selfie-style video filmed on your phone will do - just make sure you film horizontally and have adequate lighting! You are also more than welcome to include clips of you working at your internship.
- OR -
- A 2 page reflection about your experience + a photo of you working at your internship (even if it is remote! We want to see your workspace creativity!)
Regardless of the format you choose, please answer the following questions:
- Where did you intern (name of organization, location, online/in person)?
- What was the most interesting/exciting activity or project you did at your internship? Why?
- What did you learn/how did you grow as a person as a result from this experience?
- What are your recommendations for future interns?
Please contact Sophia Trigg with any questions about these assignments.