This study abroad program gives English majors the opportunity to study at the University of Kent (UKC) at Canterbury in England. Contact Professor Helen Scott, Director of the BOSP Program, with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. To be eligible for this study abroad program you will need:
- To be an English major
- A 3.0 GPA in your major and your overall studies
- Completion of English 100
- Completion of at least 60 credits overall
- This is a UVM sponsored program and the graded credits earned at Kent University will be transferred and will count towards your GPA.
- UVM will bill students an amount to cover their UVM tuition, OIE student fee, and accommodation at UKC.
- Most UVM financial aid, including tuition remission, applies to this program. If you receive aid from sources outside of UVM, you will need to verify whether that aid may be applied. Contact UVM Student Financial Services to review your specific financial aid offer as it applies to BOSP.
- The Program is administrered through UVM's Office of International Education in partnership with the English department.
- Admitted students receive a scholarship in the form of a round trip airfare to London.
Applications are due by the Friday of the second week of spring semester.
For your application you will need to include:
- The cover page application (DOCX)
- your most recent transcripts
- a statement about why you want to study at the University of Kent (approximately 250 words)
- two letters of recommendation, one from the English department and one from an outside department, along with two recommendation forms (DOCX).
- a completed advising checklist (available at the English department)
- and a writing sample
After admission into BOSP, students then complete the application process for UKC, with the assistance of the Buckham advisor. A current passport is required.