How does it work?
- Accepted Accelerated Master's Program (AMP) students begin work toward their MA during their senior year, while completing the BA.
- Six credits are taken in the senior year that count toward both the BA and the MA
- An additional three credits toward the MA (that do not count toward the BA) are taken before graduating from UVM.
- Three credits toward the MA are taken in the summer after graduation.
- Remaining MA credits (nine per semester) are completed in year 5.
Who can apply?
When are applications due?
Students must apply in their junior year to begin the AMP in the first semester of their senior year. There are two available deadlines:
|February 1st||for AMP students beginning the program the following fall semester|
|for AMP students beginning the program the following spring semester|
- minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00
- Graduate College Application
- three letters of recommendation from UVM faculty members
- a writing sample