How does it work?
- Accelerated Master’s Degree (AMP) programs are designed to allow current UVM undergraduate students to earn both bachelor’s and master’s degrees within a total of 5 years.
- Accepted AMP students in the department of English begin work toward their M.A. during their senior year while completing the B.A.
- Up to 9 credits may be taken in the senior year that count toward both the B.A. and the M.A.
- 3 credits toward the MA are then taken in the summer after graduation.
- Remaining MA credits (9 per semester) are completed in year 5.
Who can apply?
When are applications due?
Students must apply in their junior year to begin the AMP in the first semester of their senior year. There are two available deadlines:
|for AMP students beginning the program the following fall semester
|for AMP students beginning the program the following spring semester
- minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00
- Graduate College Application
- three letters of recommendation from UVM faculty members
- a writing sample