Lecturer — General Chemistry
Awards and Recognition
- Festschrift Issue of Journal of Physical Chemistry, 2011
- Honorary Member of Phi Beta Kappa, Xi Chapter, 2006.
- Pittsburgh Award of the American Chemical Society, 2005.
- Visiting Professor, Middlebury and Colby Colleges, 2005 and 2014 (Middlebury only)
- Chancellor’s Distinguished Research Award, University of Pittsburgh, 2001.
- Earle K. Plyler Prize, American Physical Society, 1999.
- Visiting Fellow, Exeter College, Oxford University, 1996.
- Chancellor's Distinguished Teaching Award, University of Pittsburgh, 1994.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science Fellow, 1993; Fellow of the American
- Physical Society, 1990; Fellow of the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, 1987;
- Fellow of the J. S. Guggenheim Foundation, 1985; Fulbright Fellow, University of Leiden, 1979.
- Merck Foundation Faculty Development Award, 1969.
- NIH Postdoctoral Fellowship, 1967.
- Cum laude graduate, Princeton University, 1959.
Areas of Expertise and/or Research
High resolution molecular spectroscopy in supersonic jets and beams
- A.B., Princeton University, Princeton, NJ, 1959
- Ph.D., University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, 1967
- (802) 656-0276