APLE awards provide up to $500 in support of expenses involved in credit-bearing undergraduate research and creative activities. Each year, up to twenty-four awards will be available to support such activities as travel to research libraries or other sites to gather data, expenses for supplies and so forth.
- Applications may be made twice yearly. Deadlines are October 31 and February 15 each year.
- Applicants must be full-time undergraduate students in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Undergraduates doing research and creative projects for credit in collaboration with UVM faculty members are eligible to apply.
- Students must have a sponsor in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- No student may receive more than one APLE award during his/her undergraduate career. Being a recipient of this award does not preclude the student from applying for and receiving other CAS or University Awards, depending on the other award requirements.
- The maximum amount available for each award is $500. The College of Arts and Sciences will contribute up to $250 to the student's sponsoring department or program to be used solely for expenses related to the project. The department/program must match the amount contributed by the College. If the student is a double major and the project spans both departments, they may share this expense.
- APLE funds are not available for internships or for expenses related to the dissemination of research results, such as conference attendance.
APLE Summer Stipends
APLE Summer Stipend awards are 300 hours of work through the summer months at the Vermont minimum wage. [In summer 2019 awards were $3,234 @ $10.78 per hour]
- Applicants must be full-time undergraduate students in the College of Arts and Sciences
- Undergraduates doing research and creative projects in collaboration with faculty mentors in the College of Arts and Sciences are eligible to apply.
- Research must be completed prior to graduation.
- No student may receive more than one summer stipend during his/her undergraduate career.
- Award amounts vary year to year. 300 hours at VT minimum wage.
- Students who have been awarded a summer stipend from the UVM Office of Undergraduate Research are not eligible to receive an APLE Summer Stipend.