In an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19 and practice social distancing, the Career Center will be providing our services remotely until further notice. The good news is, we have lots of opportunities for you to engage your learning and development virtually. If you have questions about any of the following, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We offer one on one appointments via audio and video call. You can self-schedule by logging in to Handshake, clicking “Career Center” and then “Appointments.” Fill in the details and choose a date/time that works for you. Your Career Counselor will then set up a call by phone or video.
- There are 15+ self-paced modules available in our Blackboard organization. Topics range from informational interviews and choosing a major to internships and resumes. You can submit a draft of your resume or cover letter for an online document review. Expect to hear back from us within 1-3 business days.
- We’re working on reformatting some of our events. While we don’t have the details finalized just yet, please stay tuned for more information in the next week or two. In the meantime, there are several virtual events hosted by employers from around the country posted in Handshake.
- Handshake is more than just a jobs board. Check out specific employer profiles to learn more about their organization and view their open positions. You can also read reviews written by other students and alums who have worked with them (there are over 100,000 in the system!) as well as answers to questions asked by students at schools all over the country. Be sure to complete your profile and make yourself visible to employers if you’d like to be contacted by recruiters.
- Our website features several additional online resources. This includes Candid Career, GoinGlobal, UVM Connect, and more. You can learn more about each of them on our Career Tool Library page.
Please know that we are here to support you during these difficult and unprecedented times. If you have any questions about the university’s response to COVID-19, please visit go.uvm.edu/covid19.