In an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19 and practice social distancing, the Career Center is providing services remotely until further notice. We have many opportunities for you to engage your learning and development virtually. If you have questions about any of the following, please email us at email@example.com.
- We offer one on one appointments via audio and video call. You can self-schedule by logging in to Handshake, clicking “Career Center” and then “Appointments.” Fill in the details and choose a date/time that works for you. Your Career Counselor will then set up a call by phone or video. We are offering next-day appointments when possible; please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a time-sensitive need and we will schedule an appointment for you as soon as possible.
- There are 15+ self-paced modules available in our Blackboard organization. Topics range from informational interviews and choosing a major to internships and resumes. You can submit a draft of your resume or cover letter for an online document review. Expect to hear back from us within 1-3 business days.
- Virtual internships are even easier to find. With in-person opportunities reduced due to public health concerns, you can still build your resume, network with professionals, and gain experience in an industry of interest through a remote or virtual internship. UVM Connect has a group for students to connect with alums who may be able to offer virtual internship experiences this summer. Set up your profile and join the group today! Check out our blog post on networking for tips on reaching out, and our blog post on remote internships to review our tips for success. You can also search job databases like Handshake or Indeed with the keyword "remote" to find other opportunities.
- Handshake is more than just a jobs board. Check out specific employer profiles to learn more about their organization and view their open positions. You can also read reviews written by other students and alums who have worked with them (there are over 100,000 in the system!) as well as answers to questions asked by students at schools all over the country. Be sure to complete your profile and make yourself visible to employers if you’d like to be contacted by recruiters.
- Interest Groups remain an excellent place to grow your network. Joining an Interest Group will get you access to a monthly newsletter featuring jobs, internships, resources, and events focused on your industry of interest, as well as opportunities to connect with alums and employers who share your interests.
- Our website features several additional online resources. This includes Candid Career, GoinGlobal, UVM Connect, and more. You can learn more about each of them on our Career Tool Library page.
Please know that we are here to support you during these difficult and unprecedented times. If you have any questions about the university’s response to COVID-19, please visit go.uvm.edu/covid19.