Select the right fair for your recruiting needs and timing.
Job & Internship Fairs are geared towards students of all majors and class years. These fairs are held once per semester, accommodate 125 employers, and typically draw 700-900 students over the four hour event.
The industry-based Accounting & Finance and Engineering & Tech Career Fairs target students and alums looking for opportunities in those fields. Each fair is held annually, accommodates 30-50 employers, and are typically attended by 100-200 students over four hours.
Make the most of your attendance.
- Students are looking! Post your open positions in Handshake before the fair so they can see what opportunities you're offering.
- Participate in student prep events like an industry panel or open resume review hours.
- Conduct on-campus interviews following the fair. Have students sign up in advance or select from qualified candidates you meet on site.
- Attend our pre-fair employer training to learn from our staff about Handshake best practices and recruiting at UVM.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I get specific fair information and register?
Here are our Fall 2019 recruiting events. Detailed event information and registration is in Handshake, which typically opens about 3 months before the event. Our fairs fill up quickly, so make sure you're signed up for a Handshake account to get notified and register early.
How much does it cost and what are my payment options?
Once your registration has been approved, you will receive an invoice (payable upon receipt) with specific payment details and our refund policy. You can pay by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Amex), check, or chart string (UVM only).
For profits: $325
Non-profits and government: $125
Registration includes one 6-foot table, parking, WiFi, electrical access, and lunch for two ($10 for each additional attendee).
There is no additional cost to conduct interviews on campus following the fair (same or next day).
Where are the fairs?
The Job & Internship and the Engineering & Tech Fairs are held in the popular Dudley H. Davis Student Center, just upstairs from our office. The Accounting & Finance Career Fair is co-hosted by the Grossman School of Business and conducted in the new Ifschin Hall, also on central campus. Detailed parking and other logistical information will be emailed one week before the event.
What should we bring?
- A tablecloth to cover a 6-foot table
- Promotional materials (handouts, brochures, flyers, small digital screens*) that highlight your company and open positions
- A banner, swag, candy and other items that will attract job seekers to your table
- A water bottle - other beverages will be available, but bottled water isn't sold on campus
*Electrical access will only be available if requested on the registration form
How do I sign up to conduct interviews on campus?
Please indicate on your career fair registration that you're interested in on-campus interviews and we'll connect with you to set those up. If you're interested in interviewing on campus separate from a career fair, contact us.
What kind of prep events can I participate in?
Prep events vary by fair and Interest Group. Contact us to learn more.
Does UVM have a Graduate School Fair?
We do not host an annual Graduate School Fair, but instead invite Graduate Programs to get in touch about other ways to engage on campus. Please contact us to learn more.