students in a study group

Students currently enrolled in another College or School at UVM who would like to transfer into or double degree in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, should complete the internal transfer application. Here is additional information you may find helpful regarding the requirements to transfer/double degree:


First-time, first year students must wait to request a transfer in to CALS until they have established a GPA (i.e. after their first completed semester). Students must have earned a cumulative GPA of at least a 2.0.

A 2.0 cumulative GPA is required for most majors and minors in CALS.

Department-specific requirements:

Animal and Veterinary Sciences (ASCI) (Major – Bachelor of Science)
Application and process required.

Dietetics and Nutrition and Food Sciences (Major – Bachelor of Science)
Required completion of NFS 43 and CHEM 23. Grade of C or better earned in both courses. Cumulative GPA of 2.0.

Self-Designed (Major – Bachelor of Science)
Application required in addition to meeting with Self-Design advisor.


Review Process & Timeline:

Once the internal transfer application is completed by the student, it is forwarded by the Dean’s Office to the requested department for review. A department advisor will be assigned to the student application, and the student is asked to meet with that person to finish the process.

If an additional application is required from the department then the student will be notified.

For More Information:

CALS Student Services
(802) 656-2980