A former journalist of world news desk with China's Xinhua News Agency, Dr. Sun joined UVM in 2008. He previously taught at Emerson College and Plymouth State University. His current research interests cover cross-cultural consumer behavior, international media development, and online word of mouth communication.
Sun, T., Lin, S.D., & Kolodinsky, J. (2014). Hierarchical trait predictors of healthy diet: a comparison between US and Chinese young consumers. International Journal of Consumer Studies, 38 (6), 620–627.
Sun, T. & Wu, G. (2012). Traits, predictors, and consequence of Facebook self-presentation. Social Science Computer Review, 30 (4), 419 - 433.
Sun, T. & Wu, G. (2012). The influence of personality traits on parasocial relationship with sports celebrities: A hierarchical approach. Journal of Consumer Behaviour, 11 (2), 136-146.
Areas of Expertise and/or Research
public communication, media effects, consumer behavior
- PhD 2002 University of Minnesota
- MA 1996 Pennsylvania State University
- BA 1992 China School of Journalism
- BA 1990 Dalian University of Foreign Languages (China)
204B Morrill Hall
- CDAE 127: Consumer, Markets and Public Policy
- CDAE 128: The Consumer and Advertising
- CDAE 250: Applied Research Methods