Joyce Hendley joined CDAE as an adjunct lecturer in 2011, teaching Strategic Writing. She is a food and health writer and food consultant who has authored or contributed to dozens of cookbooks and health-and-diet books, magazines, websites, and blogs. Her professional experience includes Nutrition Editor at EatingWell magazine and Food Editor of Weight Watchers Magazine; she began her career as an advertising copywriter. She and her husband, two kids, and cat live in South Burlington.
Awards and Recognition
- James Beard Best Book-Healthy Focus Award, for The EatingWell Diet (with NFS Department Chair Jean-Harvey Berino PhD, RD), 2008
- American Health Awards Silver Medal, for Forbidden Foods Diabetic Cooking, 2000.
Areas of Expertise and/or Research
nutrition, food and health writing, magazine and cookbook publishing, recipe development
- MS Nutrition, New York University 1990
- BA English Literature, Cornell University 1982
- CDAE 120 Strategic Writing for Public Communication