This summer, twelve UVM students worked for Vermont food businesses as interns with the Next Generation Food Systems Internship program. Over the course of the summer, they churned ice cream, tended crops, marketed products, managed client accounts, and more, all with the goal of gaining professional experience with local value-added food entrepreneurs.
Colonel Joseph Battell probably never imagined in the late 1870’s that the future of his Weybridge, VT, farm would include a pasture of award-winning UVM bred Morgan horses, student apprentices, and visitors from all over the world. Yet, almost 150 years after he launched his passion for preserving and promoting America’s first breed of horse, the University of Vermont Morgan Horse Farm is str
Two UVM students are recipients of a prestigious scholarship from the James Beard Foundation National Scholars Program, which awards $20,000 scholarships to ten students across the United States.
- New Transdisciplinary PhD Program in Food Systems Offered at UVM
- Professor Liang Receives Hubert W. Vogelmann Award for Excellence in Research and Scholarship
- New UVM Dairy Science Teaching and Research Center Dedicated with Ribbon Cutting
- UVM Professor Named National Entrepreneur Educator of the Year
- UVM Part of $3.1 Million NIH Grant to Test New Online Weight Loss Approach
- UVM Proctor Maple Research Center to Provide Pure Maple Syrup to UVM Dining
- Sen. Leahy, UVM Officials Highlight Cutting-Edge Research Made Possible by 2014 Farm Bill
- Dr. Kathleen Liang Receives National Innovation Award
- She Builds On Her UVM Past
- All Work, All Play, All Good Works