A first-of-its-kind, international study of 107,000 children finds that higher temperatures are an equal or greater contributor to child malnutrition and low quality diets than the traditional culprits of poverty, inadequate sanitation, and poor education.
The Colorado potato beetle is a notorious pest—and a kind of unstoppable genius.
Farryl Bertmann has received the Excellence in Hunger and Environmental Nutrition Leadership Award from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics for her work in food security and nutrition assistance, and global food sovereignty.
- Champion for Justice
- Prevent. Detect. Respond.
- COVID-19 Food Insecurity Hits Record Levels in Vermont
- UVM Leads the Largest Study of Climate Change in Vermont
- Working Toward a COVID-19 Vaccine
- True to the Land
- Grazing and Solar Energy in Vermont's Working Landscape
- UVM Launches New Placed-Based Education Certificate Program
- A Climate Conversation
- University of Vermont Seeks Extension Director
- 1 of 39
- next ›