Full-time graduate students advised by faculty in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, with research and scholarly accomplishments.
One award for a doctoral student and one award for a master’s student. Each award includes an award certificate plus a prize of $250.
Friday, March 4, 2022
An award committee will be appointed by the Dean to select the award recipients.
- Complete the Cover Page (PDF). (Make sure the cover page is signed by your department chair.)
- Faculty advisors must provide a one-page nomination letter detailing the student’s engagement in research and scholarly accomplishments
- The nomination can include no more than two additional letters supporting the nomination. Support letters could be from faculty members or research scholars. The letters should evaluate the importance of the research within a broadly defined field, the contributions of the student, and should indicate the relationship of referee to student.
- Individuals nominating a graduate student should send a unified pdf, containing all required components (1-3 above) to the CALS Dean’s Office (email@example.com). Submissions that are received by the deadline will be given first consideration; late submissions will be maintained but will be considered only if needed.
- No more than two nominations can come from the same department for each award.
CALS Graduate Research Excellence Award winners will be honored at a date and time to be determined.