This site is in development, please check back for more infomraiton late summer 2018
The Testroet laboratory is searching for a highly motivated Ph.D. student. The acceptable student will be offered three years of support, which includes a competitive stipend, tuition waver, and health insurance. The ideal candidate will be independent and will receive the opportunity to assist in laboratory setup as well as development of research plans related to coordination of metabolism in the periparturient (i.e., transition) dairy cows. In addition, the selected candidate will be offered the opportunity to collaborate with scientists at the University of Vermont Medical School.
The primary research goals of the laboratory are to integrate research that can be applied to addressing practical on-farm prevention of transition cow diseases while addressing diseases of importance to human health. Our primary interest is in prevention of hepatic lipidosis (i.e., fatty liver) in the transition dairy cow. Please see "Position Description" in the right hand column for full detials.
Join The Testroet Lab
Interested in being a graduate student in the Testroet lab?
Please see Position diescription in the PDF above
If you find your research interests align with our research goals, send Dr. Testroet an e-mail including:
- A statement of your interests (including why you feel my lab is a good fit for you)
- Your curriculum vitae (CV) or resume
- Any pertinent scores such as your GPA, GRE and TOEFFL scores
- Instructions outlining how to apply to the University of Vermont graduate program are on the UVM Graduate College website: UVM Graduate College
- Postdoctoral Training Washington State University 2017-present Growth biology and basic bioscience
- Ph..D. Iowa State University 2017 Nutritional Sciences with specialization in cellular and molecular nutrition
- Chemistry TA Training Iowa State University 2016 Pedagogy and diversity training (seven-day short course)
- B.A. Iowa State University 2000-2008 Chemistry, minor biology
- NCCC210 Multistate Experimental Group Co-Chair – 2018-2019
- Washington State University Showcase for Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities Judge - 2018
- ASN Abstract reviewer- 2018
- American Physiological Society: 2017-present
- Judge for the Iowa Science competition - 2017
- American Association for the Advancement of Sciences: 2016-present.
- Iowa State University Food Science and Human Nutrition Computer Allocation Committee: 2016-2017.
- American Dairy Science Association Professional Development Committee: 2015-2016.
- American Dairy Science Association Graduate Student Division Education Committee: 2015-2016.
- Gamma Sigma Delta Honor Society: 2015-present.
- Sigma Xi Research Honor Society: 2015-present.
- American Dairy Science Association Graduate Student Division Dairy Foods Director: 2014-2015.
- American Dairy Science Association Graduate Student Division Treasurer: 2013-2014.
- Iowa State University Food Product Development Club Treasurer (founding member): 2012-2014.
- American Dairy Science Association Member: 2011-present.
- American Society of Nutrition Member: 2011-present.
- American Dairy Science Association Graduate Student Division Education Committee: 2011-2013.
213 Terrill Building
570 Main Street
Burlington VT 05405
802-656-????(check back for office phone number)
205 Terrill Building