Two Grossman School of Business faculty were honored at the recent UVM Faculty Recognition Dinner.
Assistant professor Akshay Mutha was a recipient of the 2019 Kroepsch-Maurice Excellence in Teaching Award.
The Kroepsch-Maurice Excellence in Teaching Awards recognize faculty for excellent instruction. They memorialize Robert H. and Ruth M. Kroepsch and her parents, Walter C. and Mary L. Maurice. All 4 were teachers.
The Kroepsch-Maurice Awards are administered under the authority of the Office of the Provost in support of academic excellence in teaching and learning. Each year one faculty member in each of the four rank categories (Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor) receives this honor.
Areas considered for selection include:
· Excellence in instruction, including creation of an environment conducive to/encouragement of learning
· Capacity to animate students and engage them in the pursuit of knowledge, understanding, and application
· Innovation in teaching methods and/or curriculum development
· Demonstrated commitment to cultural diversity, inclusive excellence and to Advancing Diversity and Inclusion at UVM
· Ability to motivate, challenge, and inspire students
· Adherence to Our Common Ground for lifelong learning: respect, integrity, innovation, openness, justice, and responsibility
Grossman faculty member David Novak, also achieved the rank of full professor.