The Accounting Club is a student-run and faculty-advised club that helps with necessary career building such as: resume and interview workshops, information sessions on professional certification processes (i.e., CPA, CMA, CIA), and networks with accounting firms as well as prominent alumni. The club travels to the Boston area every year to meet with UVM alums in major accounting firms such as PriceWaterhouseCoopers, KPMG, and Ernst & Young.
- President: Chris Niemczyk (Christopher.Niemczyk@uvm.edu)
- Faculty Advisor: Susan Hughes (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Enactus is a community of student, academic, and business leaders committed to using the power of entrepreneurship action to enable human progress. Enactus students apply business concepts to develop community outreach projects, transform lives and shape a better, more sustainable world.
- President: Casey Kurpiel (email@example.com)
- Faculty Advisor: Joanne Pencak (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The UVM Entrepreneurship Club is a faculty-led organization that helps students pursue entrepreneurship as a career path through discussion forums, guest speaker events, and start-up competitions.
The Entrepreneurship Club is a place for all students across the university to share and cultivate their ideas. Club meetings offer a venue for sharing ideas and learning from others who have turned concepts into businesses. Members will receive advice from successful entrepreneurs, professional networking opportunities, resources to foster and develop ideas, involvement/leadership in a growing UVM organization.
If you are interested in participating in the Entrepreneurship Club please contact Erik Monsen at email@example.com
- Co-presidents: Evan Greenwald (Evan.Greenwald@uvm.edu) and Peter Silverman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Faculty Advisor: Erik Monsen (email@example.com)
- Entrepreneurship Club Website
Family Business Club
Enriching the opportunity to learn, explore, and engage with local and national family businesses within the Grossman School of Business community.
- Co-presidents: Douglas Hirschhorn (Douglas.Hirschhorn@uvm.edu) and Abigail Collins (Abigail.Collins@uvm.edu)
- Faculty Advisor: PramoDITA Sharma (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Finance and Investment Club
Members of the Finance and Investment Club discuss the current trends of the market, key in on the hot stocks to watch, and learn how to become responsible investors by participating in a virtual online investment competition with fake money and real time. The club takes an annual networking trip to New York City to meet with prominent alums working on Wall Street.
- President: Pascal Schmitt (email@example.com)
- Vice President: Aaron Goldstein (Aaron.Goldstein@uvm.edu)
- Faculty Advisor: Michael Tomas (firstname.lastname@example.org)
GSAC works with the Dean of the Grossman School of Business to increase communication between students, faculty, and staff. The goal of the club is to improve the quality of education and atmosphere at the School of Business. Members of GSAC commit themselves to the following values: innovation, leadership, and collaboration. Membership in GSAC is by application. Click here to view the GSAC website.
- President: Kiera Zehnacker (email@example.com)
- Vice President: Maddie Stoops (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Advisor: Amy Tomas (email@example.com)
- Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Marketing Club is a student-run, faculty-advised organization which offers its members an opportunity to build contacts, improve networking skills, and increase their knowledge of the marketing profession. Highlight of each year include live case studies and hands-on projects, professional development programs and social events.
- Co-Presidents: Nicole Dulac (Nicole.Dulac@uvm.edu) and Charlotte Milton (Charlotte.Milton@uvm.edu)
- Faculty Advisor: Amy Tomas (email@example.com)
Student leaders in the Peer Mentor Program create activities, workshops and events to help support fellow undergraduate students by highlighting campus resources, sharing student experiences and increasing social and professional networking opportunities for academic and career success. Peer leaders work individually with student/s or as part of a team with small groups. Click on the headline above to view the bios and contact information for your Grossman School of Business Peer Mentors.
- Program Advisor: Meg LaLonde (Margaret.LaLonde@uvm.edu)
Women in Business
The purpose of our organization is to build a lifelong community of women who work together to achieve their personal and professional goals through mentoring, support and friendship.