Passport to UVM
Did you know there are over 4000 universities in the United States? Each university is different not only in the programs they offer, their size, and their location, but also in what they require of students during the application process. You could spend your entire junior year researching universities and still not cover them all!
Passport to UVM is an exciting new program for international students living and attending high school in the United States. We want to help you with the college application process by introducing you to the University of Vermont (UVM) and helping you get started with your college search. Students who attend the program will:
Complete the following steps to apply for your Passport to UVM:
- Fill out the online application
- Send UVM the Parental Consent and Medical Information form (PDF)
- Send UVM a copy of your high school transcript signed by your school counselor
- Send UVM a letter of recommendation from your school counselor
Please send to:
University of Vermont
Office of Admissions
194 South Prospect St.
Burlington, VT 05401
Or, have your school counselor e-mail them to: Caroline Conway
- Spend a night in the UVM dorms with a student host
- Attend a UVM class
- Participate in workshops on the college search and application process
- Meet with UVM faculty, staff, and current students
- Explore downtown Burlington, Vermont
Apply now and gain your Passport to UVM!
This year's dates for Passport to UVM are March 29-30, 2015.
Who should apply to Passport to UVM?
Passport to UVM is designed for juniors who are not United States citizens or permanent residents and are currently attending high school in the United States. Students studying in other countries are also welcome to apply; however, UVM will not provide travel funding for any students.
Please be advised that we are looking for students with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 (B) or higher. Applicants should be on track to have completed the following by graduation:
- 4 years of English
- 3 years of math (including algebra 1, geometry, and algebra 2 or the equivalent)
- 2 years of the same foreign language (English counts for non-native English speakers)
- 2 years of social science
- 2 years of science
There is no TOEFL requirement for Passport to UVM. However, please be advised that to gain direct entry into UVM, students must have a 90 TOEFL or 6.5 IELTS score. Students below this level will be recommended to apply to UVM through the Global Gateway Program.
If you have any questions about Passport to UVM, please contact:
Last modified December 16 2014 01:01 PM