Jump to navigation
The Office of Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity serves multiple roles:
- Promote and enforce effective university policies related to affirmative action, equal opportunity, and diversity.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the University's affirmative action plan as an effective recruiting and compliance tool.
- Develop, promote, and monitor effective methods of recruiting and retaining a diverse community of faculty and staff.
- Provide institutional leadership for the design and implementation of campus-wide programs in support of diversity.
- Conduct thorough and impartial investigations of complaints of discrimination and harassment.
- Work collaboratively with affiliates to provide effective training and education about discrimination, affirmative action, and diversity.
- Where appropriate, serve as a neutral dispute resolution resource in discrimination and diversity-related issues for all members of the campus community.