Women's Center At UVM
- Outstanding Faculty Woman Award
- This award honors one faculty woman who has made significant
contributions to the lives of women on campus through service, teaching
and feminist* scholarship.
- Outstanding Student Activist
Award - This award honors 5 students who have contributed
significantly to the feminist activism on the campus and/or in the
- Outstanding Staff Woman Award
- This award honors one staff woman who has made significant
contributions to the lives of women on campus through service,
advocacy, and/or feminist programming.
- Outstanding Social Justice
Activist Award - . This award honors three women (a student, a
staff member, and a faculty member) who have worked in anti-sexist
endeavors and who have drawn connections between various communities to
end multiple forms of oppression. This award recognizes that various
forms of oppression (e.g. sexism, ableism, racism, classism,
heterosexism, religious discrimination) are connected and support one
- Outstanding Athlete Award
- This award honors 3 female athletes who have made significant
achievements in their sport as well as in academics and service to the
- Outstanding Ally Award -
This award honors 3 men (a student, a staff member, and a faculty
member) who have made significant contributions to feminist and
anti-sexist activism on the campus.
- Lydia Dodge Award - Selected by the staff of the Women's Center, The Lydia Dodge Award honors a woman who has given tremendous service to the Women's Center. Lydia Dodge is an Alumna of UVM and her contributions helped to create the Women's Center.
*“Simply put feminism is a movement to end sexism”
(bell hooks, Feminist Theory: From Margin to Center).
Last modified February 04 2011 02:15 PM