University of Vermont

Department of Psychological Sciences


How to contact VCAP:

If you are interested in learning more about VCAP please call (802) 656-2661 and specify that you are calling about the Vermont Correctional Addiction Treatment Program or VCAP.

Vermont Correctional Addictions Program (VCAP)

The VCAP provides assessment and weekly substance abuse treatment to federal detainees in Vermont correctional facilities Our clinical assessments consist of semi-structured clinical interviews and paper-and-pencil self-report measures to gather diagnostic information and inform treatment. Our treatment is evidence-based and consists of weekly group and individual Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Motivational Interviewing (MI) for addiction. Karen Fondacaro, Ph.D. leads this specialty service.

How to receive treatment from VCAP:

All referrals for treatment must be made by caseworkers at the correctional facility where the individual is being detained. If you or someone you know is interested in receiving treatment from VCAP, please contact the correctional facility where the federal detainee is being held and request enrollment in VCAP.

Last modified March 01 2017 10:42 AM