We are now expanding our outreach to include equipment grants and speakers, in addition to our annual teaching awards. Please check back as these new programs become available.
VASE Outstanding Teaching in Science (K-12) Awards
The Vermont Academy of Science and Engineering (VASE) recognizes and honors Vermont's outstanding teachers by granting two annual awards to teachers in Vermont who have served as role models for their colleagues and are leaders in the improvement of science education. One award will be given for a teacher of kindergarten through 8th grade and the second for 9th through 12th grade.
Call for Nominations
The VASE Outstanding Teaching in Science Awards require that the candidate:
- inspire students of all backgrounds and abilities to learn
- stimulate critical thinking
- have sustained excellence in teaching
- have the respect and admiration of students, parents, and colleagues
- have developed innovative approaches to teaching methodology and curricula
- play an active and useful role in the community as well as in the school.
Nomination applications must include:
- a nominating letter,
- a second letter of recommendation
- the candidate's resume, and
- a one-page statement of teaching philosophy written by the candidate.
Completed applications should be sent to:
Dr. Grace Spatafora,
Department of Biology,
276 Bicentennial Way, MBH 354,
Middlebury, Vermont 05753
They must be received on or before April 1st 2013. Awards include a commemorative plaque and a monetary gift presented at a public forum to honor the awardee who shall become an affiliate of the Academy.
Last modified February 13 2013 02:25 PM